...experiences, tastings and stories between friends with the same passion...

quinta-feira, 10 de janeiro de 2008

Tasting – Domaine des Epinaudières, Coteaux du Layon 2002

Yesterday, to combine with one of my favourite dishes, cod fish with potatoes, I was looking for a white wine. As I don’t have much white wine at the cellar, I caught the first that appeared. When dropped it in the glass, said to myself... “damn it’s gone! It showed a golden colour… Tasted, “humm… but…this is a sweet wine!!!” Then, I picked the lap top and googled “Coteaux du Layon”…I didn’t know that “Coteaux du Layon” is an appellation of the Loire Valley, known for producing sweet wine, kind Sauternes but using 100% grapes from Chenin Blanc. Not very expressive on the nose, freshness, orange, peach with a slight sensation of vanilla. Much more complex and intense mouth feel, very sweet, tropical, apricot, honey, and caramel with elegance. Interesting wine! Well... an unexpected surprise but not good with cod fish:) My father told me later that this wine was offered by the owner, when he visited Portugal to see how corks are made...91 pts

Nenhum comentário: